Terms and Conditions
1. JointHire Singapore Pte Ltd (JointHire) may, in its sole discretion, provide services which JointHire determines as being beneficial to your search for a job (the "Service"), including support by a career adviser or matching up your data with the job offer requirements of the companies seeking workers (the "Companies").
2. JointHire may, whenever it deems necessary, change (which includes a change of career adviser), or temporarily suspend, the Service, for any reason, without giving you prior notice. JointHire may, whenever it deems necessary, terminate a part of or the entire Service, for any reason, upon notice given to you.
3. Upon request by JointHire, you shall submit to JointHire the following documents:
- Personal identification documents that specify and confirm your name, address, and other contact details as the case may be;
- Passport or certificate of qualification for employment to confirm your residence status; and
- Any other certificate or documents that may be required by the Companies from time to time.
4. JointHire may match your data with the job offer requirements of a Company in its sole discretion. In any event, JointHire is under no obligation whatsoever to disclose to you the selection criteria, the reasons for a decision or any other information about the selection process by JointHire. When JointHire accepts your request regarding an application for a job offer, based on JointHire's judgment after considering the selection criteria of a Company, JointHire may decide, at its sole discretion, not to recommend you for such job offer and/or may inform you that you do not match the job offer requirements of the Companies.
5. Upon direct confirmation between you and a Company of the working conditions and any other terms of employment, you shall enter into an employment contract directly with the Company entirely on your own and JointHire takes no responsibility for such contract or any terms therein contained. You further acknowledge that the working conditions notified by JointHire to you are not a warranty of the final terms and conditions of the said employment contract.
6. You shall not undertake any of the following:
- The submission of any false or inaccurate information;
- Any act that impedes or is likely to impede the business, harms or is likely to harm the societal reputation or damages or is likely to damage the credibility of JointHire and/or the Companies;
- Any act of abusing, slandering, or affronting JointHire and/or the Companies;
- Any act that infringes JointHire's or a third party's property rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, or trade secrets, reputation and / or privacy;
- Using any information obtained through the Service for a purpose other than a job search, or disclosing or divulging such information to a third party without JointHire's consent;
- Where JointHire has put you and the Companies in touch with each other, any act of communicating with the Companies directly, or being selected and/or employed by the Companies without JointHire's consent;
- Any act of being absent from an appointment with JointHire or the Companies or employment test without prior notice or valid reason, or declining employment without valid reason after the acceptance of a job offer from the Companies.
- Any other act inconsistent or likely to be inconsistent with any law, regulation, or public policy.
7. If during the selection process JointHire determines that there is or is likely to be a discrepancy between the working conditions or any other terms of the employment contract notified by the Companies and those informed by you, JointHire may confirm such terms with the Companies.
8. All intellectual property rights, including copyrights, of all contents, including but not limited to photos, reports and the logo available on this website ("Content") belong to JointHire or a third party. You shall not reproduce, alter, reprint or in any other way use all or part of such Content without the prior consent of JointHire.
9. You agree that the use of the Service or this website does not guarantee your employment by any of the Companies. In addition, if any dispute arises between any of the Companies and yourself concerning working conditions or other terms of any employment contract, you shall handle such dispute at your own cost and responsibility. JointHire shall not be liable in any way, whether directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss, cost or expense resulting from, or in connection with, the use of this website or any part of the Service contained in this website.
10. This website might be linked with websites other than JointHire's website and which are not maintained by JointHire. JointHire is not responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such linked websites are entirely at your own risk. Moreover, such links do not mean JointHire approves or guarantees those websites and their content.
11. JointHire assumes no liability whatsoever with respect to the deletion or failure of performance of the Service as a result of force majeure, overcrowded circuits, system crash or virus infection that cannot be prevented by normal virus protection or any other occurrences which are not attributable to JointHire.
12. You shall not create any hyperlink from websites with contents that may be defamatory to our business or reputation or with obscene contents, or any website that JointHire, in its own discretion, sees as otherwise irrelevant. JointHire has a right to refuse hyperlinks from any of those websites.
13. If you participate in the JointHire Candidate Referral Program either as a referrer or as a referee, you shall agree the JointHire Candidate Referral Program Terms and Conditions.
14. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. Any dispute concerning these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.
15. JointHire may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, in accordance with our internal policies, technological developments, industry practices, applicable laws and regulations. If we make any changes to our Terms and Conditions, we will post the revised version here, so do review it frequently. If significant changes are made, we may also notify you by other means, such as, but not limited to an email or a notification on our website.
1 January 2019 Archived versions