JointHire Pte Ltd ("JointHire") is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal data provided by you, in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws and best practices.
What is personal data?
Personal data' means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or other data which we have, or are likely to have access to.
Personal data that we may collect includes:
- your name;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- postal address;
- details of your employment history;
- professional and/or educational qualifications;
- salary details (current and/or historical);
- language proficiency;
- citizenship and/or residency status;
- marital status;
and other such information that may be obtainable from your resume, or online application.
How do we collect it?
Personal data may be collected by us through our websites https://www.jointhire.com.sg (when you upload and submit your resume, or fill in an online application for a particular position advertised on our website, or when you sign up to 'JointHire Talent Community'), by e-mail correspondence, by postal mail or fax, or in person (by providing such personal data to our recruitment consultants in written form or verbally). We may also obtain personal data relating to you from publicly available sources such as third party websites, blogs, forums, social media sites and professional networking sites.
We may also collect information regarding how you use our websites, the areas of our websites you frequent, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software (such as your IP address, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring site addresses). This data may be collected individually or in the aggregate (i.e. with other users in statistical form) and is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and generally improving our services and your user experience.
Use of your personal data
Personal data collected by us will be primarily used for providing you with recruitment services. This means that such personal data may be reviewed and analysed by us for suitability for any particular roles you have applied (or wish to apply) for, or (where you have joined the 'JointHire Talent Community', elected to receive job alerts, or have otherwise requested us to do so), provide you with job matching services by evaluating your suitability for and informing you (using your contact information) of, other roles that we may become aware of from time to time, or for verification of information.
In addition, we may also use your personal data:
- to provide you with career management or guidance services;
- to allow us to process and respond to any inquiries or feedback from you;
- to inform you of any events, industry updates or market developments, or other information we consider useful to you (such information will be sent by post/e-mail, texts or similar communication, and will also contain instructions for unsubscribing);
- for us to carry out market research and/or market analysis (see below on the permitted disclosures of such market research and/or market analysis carried out by us);
- to generate internal reports; and/or
- to generally assist us to manage our relationship with you, or to provide or manage the recruitment and/or HR services we provide, including carrying out of administrative or operational tasks.
How do we disclose your data?
To the extent possible we aim to minimize disclosure of your personal data to third parties.
However in order to provide our services to you, and/or to effectively carry out our business, and/or to meet our legal obligations, we need to make certain disclosures from time to time. The ways in which we ordinarily disclose your personal data would be:
- disclosures to prospective employers, when you apply for any specific roles, or otherwise agree that we may disclose it;
- disclosures to other members of the JointHire group globally (i.e. JointHire Singapore Pte Ltd, and its subsidiaries and affiliates), or other companies or individuals (including agents, sub-contractors and suppliers), where such disclosure is necessary for providing our services to you (whether directly, in the form of recruitment services, or indirectly, such as where our customer or marketing services are carried out, or databases/servers are maintained, or IT services provided, by a third party);
- by contacting third parties (including nominated referees) to verify your educational or professional qualifications, work experience, or other such information submitted by you when obtaining our services;
- by preparing and providing aggregated statistical reports on our candidates and/or website users/visitors, to our clients or proposed employer-clients, for marketing or feedback purposes. Such reports (except where consent is specifically obtained) would not include names or contact details of candidates and/or website users/visitors, and would be formatted to ensure your anonymity;
- disclosures to our professional advisors (such as lawyers, accountants and financial advisors), to the extent necessary and only if they are bound to keep your personal data confidential;
- disclosures required by law, of if requested by a government entity, or to prevent crime, or to ensure the rights, property and/or personal safety of Nijibox Singapore (including its officers, employees, contractors and/or agents), other members of the Recruit Holdings group, affiliates, our employer-clients, candidates and other users/visitors of our websites, or any other person; and
- as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Some of the members of the Recruit Holdings group and affiliates, as well, as, other third parties, may not be based in countries where the data protection laws are of a standard comparable to those applicable to Nijibox Singapore. Nijibox Singapore will ensure that any such transfers are minimized as far as possible, and only where it is reasonably necessary for providing our services to you (in accordance with our business policies or practices), or otherwise with your consent.
How is your personal data secured?
Any personal data held by or on our behalf is stored on secure servers and with modern security measures in place to protect against the loss, unauthorized access or alteration, or misuse of such information. Where such personal data is heLd by unrelated third parties on our behalf, we have also imposed contractual obligations on such parties to ensure the confidentiality and security of such information.
However while we will take all reasonable measures (as required by applicable law) to protect the integrity of such information, we cannot guarantee that loss, unauthorized access or alterations or misuse will not occur.
Our website may also contain links to other websites (whether of other members or affiliates of the Recruit Holdings group, or third parties). Nijibox Singapore bears no responsibility for the privacy commitments of these websites, or any disclosures of personal data or other information submitted by you through those websites, or otherwise collected from you by those website operators. It is your duty to ensure that you are satisfied with the extent of your rights and obligations in relation to your personal data when dealing with such websites or their operators. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and any other terms and conditions of those sites.
It is in turn your duty to keep (and take reasonable steps to keep) any usernames and/or passwords issued by or relating to our website confidential and secure, and to inform us promptly of any possible security breaches (including unauthorized access to your personal data through our websites).
Accuracy, validity and retention of data
We will periodically review the personal data held by us to ensure that is accurate and up to date. We will also retain your personal data only for so long as it is necessary to provide our services to you (subject only to our internal policies on data retention, or applicable laws and regulations).
It is your duty to let us know of any changes to personal data provided by you, including contact details. You can do this by logging in to our website., or by contacting us via the following:
By post: 112 Robinson Road #07-03/04 Singapore 068902
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights of access
You may, by written request, seek reasonable access to your personal data held by us, as well as the ways in which we have used such personal data within a year of the date of the request. We will endeavour to disclose such personal data in accordance with our legal obligations, and where we refuse access we will, where possible, provide you with reasons for doing so.
Any request for access must include sufficient details to identify you and the nature of your request, and be addressed to our Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
By post: 112 Robinson Road #07-03/04 Singapore 068902
By e-mail: email@example.com
Upon receipt of your request, we may request for additional information from you (including proof of identity) in order to process your request. Please note that it may also take some time to process the application, although we aim to process all requests as soon as possible. We may also charge a reasonable fee to cover our administration costs when dealing with any requests for access, which we will inform you of in advance.
Complaints and queries
Upon receipt of your complaint, we will carry out an internal investigation and may contact you during this period for further information. Subject to your timely cooperation, we generally endeavour to provide a formal response setting out the results of our investigation and whether we agree that your rights have been breached, within  days of receiving your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to contact the Personal Data Protection Commission, or exercise any of your other rights in law.
Effective date, revisions and governing law
This policy is effective from 01 April 2018.
This policy is governed by Singapore law.