Industry: Oil / Gas / Petroleum
Specialism: Production / Manufacturing - ManufacturingClosed
Founded in 1964, our client has progressed from a reputable distributor and manufacturer to become Asia's leading value-added integration specialist for Gas, Welding and Safety.
With strategic presence around Asia, they are able to promptly attend to and meet the needs of their customers, and have grown to become the choice company for our customers in industries such as Oil & Gas, Electronics, Metal Fabrication, Heavy Construction, and many more.
- Lead the HSE team and manage the overall safety functions
- Responsible for the safety of local and regional subsidiaries (i.e. Batam, Indonesia and Malaysia).
- Manage varied HSE activities to ensure compliance with external HSE regulations and standards as well as internal HSE management systems.
- Lead, direct and mentor a team of HSE personnel to ensure the Organization's HSE strategy is implemented effectively and within budgets.
- Conduct safety audits and onsite inspections (construction, manufacturing, and chemical) locally and in regional subsidiaries
- Develop and implement HSE policies and procedures
- Plan and coordinate local and regional emergency preparedness activities.
- Liaise with Parent Company on safety improvement programs.
- Conduct QEHS internal audits
- Lead HSE inspections in the plant and related sites.
- Lead HSE monthly Safety Council, Committee, and group meetings.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct HSE training.
- Develop and coordinate HSE promotional activities to enhance HSE awareness and culture.
- Advise Management on HSE Legislations and best practices
- And other ad hoc assignment assigned by the company
- Degree in Mechanical engineering, Specialist Diploma in WSH or MOM registered WSHO.
- Registered Workplace Safety and Health Officer
- At least 5 years’ experience in the industry.
- Good leadership, interpersonal, and coordination skills.
- Highly competent in working collaboratively across business functions as well as independently with minimum supervision
- Fire Safety Manager certified by SCDF preferred
- Know chemical properties & chemical analysis characteristics, safe working practices & local/global codes & standard
- AWS and Performance Bonus
- Fix allowance
- Group Insurance
- Medical and hospitalization benefits
- Working hours: Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 6pm; Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm