Industry: Oil / Gas / Petroleum
Specialism: Legal / Secretarial Services - Legal / Secretarial Services
Posted on 13 Sep 2022
Our Client is Listed on SGX Mainboard and headquartered in Singapore. They are a global leader in the detailed engineering, fabrication and construction of offshore FPSO (floating production storage offloading) and FSO (floating storage offloading) topside modules as well as onshore plants and other sub-sea products for the oil and gas industries, They have yards spanning across Singapore and Malaysia, with presence in the Philippines, China and Brazil.
- Support the Contracts Teams in reviewing, drafting and negotiating all commercial agreements which includes, but not limited to, NDA, MOU, Subcontracts, Purchase Agreements, Construction Contracts
- Prepare contract qualifications with regard to tender/project contracts in accordance with Company’s policies
- Identify risk and liabilities inherent in tenders and contracts
- Propose and negotiate amendments to minimize or mitigate the issues/risk, at the same time balance commercial and legal considerations against requirements of the business to secure conformity with Company’s acceptable contracting policies
- Interface with internal departments and law firms as required
- Assist in the managing any contractual disputes/litigation in projects and preservation of the Company’s contractual position
- Perform legal research including relevant statutory laws, case laws etc.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by Superior
- At least a diploma in Law / Legal Studies / Quantity Surveying / Construction law or related
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a law firm / in-house legal department / contracts department in a construction or O&G industry
- Able to understand contractual language (including legal jargons), statutory interpretations etc.
- Able to draft commercial contracts
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Variable Bonus