Industry: Wholesale / Distribution / Trading
Specialism: Sales - Sales - CorporateClosed
Our client is a chemicals trading firm, founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1832.
It began as a specialized sales agent securing exclusive contracts to sell industry-leading products from around the world in Japan. Over the years, they have leveraged their technology and information gathering expertise —as well as their global network—to transform the business into a hybrid model offering superior manufacturing, processing, and R&D functions as well as trading company services.
- Singapore Sales (90%)
- Grow sales in Singapore for Flavor & Fragrance (F&F), Food, Beverage, Animal nutrition and Agri-food segments by actively acquiring new customers (Ingredients and Solutions)
- Explore new accounts in Homecare, Personal care and Aromatherapy (Aromas Business)
- Strengthen the local relationship with global key accounts.
- Liaising with technical team to support customer projects and deal with principals on business development.
- Reporting sales progress and weekly updates on project pipelines
- Provide monthly demand forecast and ensure timely arrival of stocks.
- Compiles competitor information and feedback to key suppliers on quarterly basis.
- Regional Solutions Lead (10%)
- Leading the commercial business in Middle-East, South-East Asia, Australia and New Zealand (MESA) region.
- Partner technical teams in proposing new formulations or solving technical challenges at customers side.
- Partner marketing team to derive fortification trend presentations that relevant to customers in MESA.
- Develops strategies for premix solutions business growth for MESA region.
- Support technical training and business cases presentation to provide value propositions for customers
- Preferably with Tertiary Education i.e. Bachelor of Science in Food, Chemistry or related fields.
- 5 years of experience in sales for distributor/trader companies in food or aroma chemical industry.
- Class 3 driving license
- Strong commercial acumen
- Able to work in ambiguity
- Risk taker
- Ability to think strategically.
- Effective influencer and collaborator.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team Player with High energy level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed, organized, systematic.
- Strong initiative and drive for results.
- Customer focused.
- Managing diversity and multi-cultural teams.