Industry: Oil / Gas / Petroleum
Specialism: Engineering / Technical - Marine / Oil & Gas
Posted on 04 May 2021
Our Client is Listed on SGX Mainboard and headquartered in Singapore. They are a global leader in the detailed engineering, fabrication and construction of offshore FPSO (floating production storage offloading) and FSO (floating storage offloading) topside modules as well as onshore plants and other sub-sea products for the oil and gas industries, They have yards spanning across Singapore and Malaysia, with presence in the Philippines, China and Brazil.
- To ensure the right material and services will be negotiated and procured at the optimum price, delivery and favourable terms & conditions.
- Evaluation of technical proposals based on engineering specification.
- Capability to propose and counter offer the requestor equivalent grade of material.
- Profound knowledge of product specifications, functionalities and applications related to offshore materials.
- To source, negotiate and purchase materials and services from identified sources, local and overseas.
- To advise requestor on selection of suppliers and purchase terms & conditions.
- To generate purchase orders, monitor and follow up and expedite with suppliers on delivery of goods and services.
- To review supplier’s performance on price and delivery and to co-ordinate with supplier and QA/QC on quality issues.
- To compile purchasing statistics and reports on assigned materials /commodities if required.
- To liaise with Finance/Account staff on vendors credits application, bank & financial instruments.
- To liaise with other departments on procurement matters (eg: Project, Commercial, Store, Production, QA/QC, etc. wherever necessary).
- To be involved in the Vendors’ Qualification and Assessment as per ISO procedures.
- Conducts due diligence of identified sources and facilitate their pre‐qualification .
- Monitors and pro‐actively takes actions in response to market trends for raw material.
- Prepares bidder lists and releases request for quotations;
- Prepares bid tabs and analytically evaluates proposal in terms of the commercial and technical requirement.
- Comply with the established deadlines.
- Establishes and maintains strong business relationship with suppliers.
- Anticipates and proactively elevates potential challenges/problems.
- Engage in problem solving.
- Maintain integrity of electronic files
- Diploma in Purchasing Management /Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Inventory/Material & Warehouse Management or equivalent
- 5 years of working experience in Marine and Oil & Gas Industry or Machinery Procurement.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Good knowledge of financial and legal terms.