Industry: Science & Technology
Specialism: Information Technology (IT) - IT - Network/System/Database
Posted on 25 Jan 2021
A world leading company with core business in digital government services and also delivers excellence through our expertise in Trade Facilitation, Legal, and Cyber Security – combined with a deep domain understanding of how agencies work, interact and provide services.
- As the Presales Manager Infrastructure Services, you will provide consultancy services by analyzing customer requirements and providing quality and cost effective solutions to produce high quality bid proposal to our customers. You will help the organization improve its profit potential and competitive standing through continuous reviews and enhancements on products and solutions trending.
- Provides infrastructure presale support to internal/external team during bidding.
- Gather bid/user requirement from tender specification; evaluates and recommends new/upgrade of software and hardware to meet the project/tender requirement.
- Provides infrastructure architecture design through industrial best practices and standards.
- Provides infrastructure consultancy to internal/external team.
- Profound understanding of the interdependencies of the services (application, system, network and database) and their failover capabilities in a n-Tier Data Center Environment
- Keeps abreast of technological advancement, emerging standards and new software or hardware solutions to continuously provide proven, innovative, cost-effective and quality solution.
- Ability to apply experiences and knowledge into Infrastructure solutions
- Must have good technical skills and know-how to assist in technical solution selling
- Ability leading and conducting Proof-Of-Concept (POC) and Demo activities to assist sales in closing deals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (Tender presentation)
- Excellent documentation skills with fluent English for Technical write-up and proposal writing
- Provides technical guidance to junior colleagues in their work
- Any other duties as and when assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline
- Min. 5 years of relevant working experiences in establish system Integrator organization with IPv6 domain experiences.
- Preferably with good domain knowledge in Government bid process and their domain solution. Otherwise, the knowledge in the following Infrastructure domains:
-- Networking: Preferably CCNP in market leading brands of Firewalls, Load Balancers, Routers and Switches, IPS/IDS, Global Traffic Manager, Wireless and IP Telephony.
-- Application: Middleware products and multi-tier architecture, broad understanding of the ORACLE and IBM suits and RedHat JBoss group of Middle-wares.
-- Databases: Sound knowledge in database products, replication technologies (eg. Oracle, IBM DB2, MSSQL, MySQLs) and multi-tier architecture.
-- Server: Sound knowledge on server virtualization and able to calculate the compute resources sizing; good understanding of architecture components for all tiers, storage, back up, server security and the major hardware platforms (Oracle Sun, IBM, HP, DELL, etc).
-- Storage: Sound knowledge on storage networking and data replication, sizing requirements, implementations and SAN / NAS replication as well as COLD / WARM DR storage architecture. Preferably to have good understanding of FCoE, FCIP.
-- Security: Preferably CISSP certified and familiar with the industry trends in relation to security solutions and best practices such as infrastructure hardening, endpoints and SIEM solution, advance threats and mitigation know-how.
-- Cloud: Good Cloud Computing solutions experience in design, implementation and operation of IaaS. PaaS platform for various type of hypervisors. Essential knowledge in Micro-services architecture (Kubernetes)
-- Essential knowledge of Government Infrastructure Policies and Implementation knowledge in Government Commercial Cloud and Private Cloud