Industry: Consulting (IT, Science, Engineering & Technical)
Specialism: Information Technology (IT) - IT - Network/System/Database
Posted on 05 Nov 2020
Our client is positioned to provide "one stop" service as a strategic business partner to Japanese-related corporations operating in the South-East Asia. Services include Computer System Design, IT Consulting, Application Development, Infrastructure/Network Development, Security, and Outsourcing/ Help Desk Services.
- Participating in IT infrastructure support and operations for the supported region/ business units.
- Taking initiatives and leading infrastructure-related projects (mainly network) with our staffs or local vendors to provide necessary solutions to customer(s).
- Configuring network equipment independently without much superior's supervision.
- Design and implement LAN/WAN topologies and connectivity.
- Identify gaps in current design and research/propose appropriate solutions based on technical and business drivers.
- Contribute to network solutions development, optimizations, standards, and technology refresh efforts.
- Providing technical expertise.
- Providing basic analysis of routers/switches/firewall logs and support the team leader to deliver the service report(s) and/or Incident Report(s).
- Coordinating and cooperating with regional IT-PICs, IT teams in Tokyo HQ for infrastructure support and project implementation.
- Troubleshooting reported problems and be the liaised with regional IT-PICs, IT teams in Tokyo HQ and the vendors.
- Managing vendors for hardware/software acquisition and outsourced IT services/projects and monitor their performance to ensure the committed SLA is achieved.
- Providing updates to management/customers on project progress, risks & issues, where appropriate.
- Maintaining all relevant assets and setup documentations.
- Provide direct support of audit and ad hoc consulting engagements.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards.
- Preferably with Diploma / Degree in Computer-related field from a recognized institution.
- At least 5 years working experience in network design, implementation proficient in installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, migrating, configuring, and supporting variety of network devices AND 3 years experience in leading IT projects experience (medium to large size network-related projects).
- Candidates must be able to handle project independently.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, infrastructure design, Routing and TCP/IP, OSFP, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS/VPN.
- Ability of handling network operations e.g. Implementing of Firewall rules, routing and switch configuration.
- Excellent communication skills and have a flair for customer services.
- Capability preferred in implementation of Cloud services such as AWS, Azure.
- Certifications such as CCNP/CCIP/CCSP/CCIE/JNCA/AWS Associate/Azure Administrator Associate and other relevant IT industry certificates will be preferred.
- Hands on experience in implementation, troubleshooting and configuring on: SD WAN, Cisco Wireless Controller 5508 Series, Cisco Mobility Express, Cisco 2960-X, 3750-X, 3850, 9300 and 9500 series switches, Juniper SRX 100, 200, 300 series firewall, Palo Alto PA 220 and PA 820 series firewall, Cisco ISE, FortiGate firewall will be considered as advantage.