Industry: Wholesale / Distribution / Trading
Specialism: Production / Manufacturing - Purchasing
Posted on 08 Oct 2020
Our client is a chemicals trading firm, founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1832.
It began as a specialized sales agent securing exclusive contracts to sell industry-leading products from around the world in Japan. Over the years, they have leveraged their technology and information gathering expertise —as well as their global network—to transform the business into a hybrid model offering superior manufacturing, processing, and R&D functions as well as trading company services.
- Supplier development and management
-- Point person for sales team in all requests / communication with suppliers
-- Source and qualify new suppliers based on requests from country and technical teams.
-- Maintain close supplier relationships with frequent, proactive, and professional communication to supplier representatives
-- Compile and manage documents (specifications, COAs, quality and regulatory documentations)
-- Monthly review with suppliers to close gaps on requests and support required by customers (internal and external)
-- Prepare internal sales training materials and product training material for customers
-- Develop and execute weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activity plans
- Price and Cost Administration
-- Negotiate prices with supplier
-- Execute and communicate price strategy to the sales team
-- Primary contact for all pricing questions or issues from sales organization
- Market Tracking & Reporting
-- Analyse and report movement of competitors, trends and market prices on a monthly basis.
- Customer Relationship Management
-- Be the champion of CRM tool for the business unit. Generate update on sales activities, sales leads and opportunities on daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business / marketing / science from an accredited university
- At least 3-5 of years of working experience in sales or purchasing roles in food ingredients or chemicals related industries
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Salesforce.com experience preferred but not required.
- Travel is required (~15% of time)
- Strong communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and strong business acumen
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Good team player and demonstrated ability to influence peers in the region
5days work week
Work life balance
Decent bonus package