Industry: Manufacturing - Other
Specialism: Merchandising / Purchasing - Procurement / Purchasing / Sourcing
Posted on 07 Jul 2020
Our client is one of the market leaders in the manufacture of advanced technology solutions including Multi-Tasking, 5-axis, milling, turning, CNC controls and automation.
- Perform materials planning and purchasing for Production Department both in areas of local and overseas
- Close monitoring of stock movement to ensure minimal inventory holdings
- Manage and negotiate with suppliers for on time delivery of quality products and cost optimization
- Manage inventory to ensure production & warehouse operation efficiency
- Work with internal team to review forecasted requirement and delivery lead time to meet customers' requirement
- Supporting the Purchasing Manager with clerical works.
- To support short term strategic plan(6 months) and yearly operating purchasing plan.
- Preparing of DO and PO for both internal and external spare parts order
- Incoming shipment clearance
- Monthly PO, DO and Invoice matching
- Preparing reports related to purchasing
- Diploma / Degree in any discipline with 3 to 5 years of supply chain (purchasing/ procurement/ planning) work experience in Manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and strong negotiation skills
- Result-orientated, organized, meticulous with good problem solving skills, resourceful with high initiative and enjoy working in fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of AS400, MRP or ERP system and other production control system will be an added advantage
- Able to converse in Japanese Language will be added advantage to liaise with Japanese counterpart
- Need to work both in office and warehouse.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Able to read simple Mechanical & Electrical will be an added advantage