Industry: Oil / Gas / Petroleum
Specialism: Engineering / Technical - Marine / Oil & Gas
Posted on 19 Oct 2020
Our Client is Listed on SGX Mainboard and headquartered in Singapore. They are a global leader in the detailed engineering, fabrication and construction of offshore FPSO (floating production storage offloading) and FSO (floating storage offloading) topside modules as well as onshore plants and other sub-sea products for the oil and gas industries, They have yards spanning across Singapore and Malaysia, with presence in the Philippines, China and Brazil.
- Responsible for the engagement and negotiation contractors.
- Ensure the awarded price is within the budget or to achieve the optimal price level to increase profitability for the company.
- Handle legal documents with respect to Letter of Indemnity, Workmen Insurances, Bankers Guarantees etc.
- Ensure supporting documents are attached to the PR, if not, to return to requesting party.
- Ensure that PR has budget (positive) indicated, if not, return to requesting party.
- Prepare and compile all required information for contractors to submit accurate quotations including cost estimation.
- Follow up with contractor's quotations, negotiate and issue Works Order within the shortest possible time.
- Liaise with Production Departments on subcontracting matters, keep abreast of contractor's performances and progress.
- Handle complaints from Production Departments as and when required on matters such as slow progress or weak quality work from contractors.
- Ensure all supporting information are duly attached to the PR to ensure fast and smooth process of WO.
- Handle any additional Claims or Contract Variations from contractors.
- Keep abreast of subcontracting news in the market on current market pricing and trends.
- Ensure accurate information is prepared prior to issuance of Works Order to contractors.
- Handle the evaluation and assessment of contractors and their facilities in the form of audit if required.
- Verify that the details of contractors invoices are correct and as per Works Order issued. Any invoices with discrepancies / incomplete information shall be returned to Accounts Dept.
- Advise the Reporting Officer of any recommendation to the listing or de-listing of Resident Contractors.
- Attend to any subcontracting related matters as and when delegated by the Manager / VP.
- Candidates with mechanical/structural/E&I/piping or marine experience are preferred
- Familiar with Ministry of Manpower's regulations concerning sub-contracting work from Companies using foreign workers.
- Have experience liaising with main contractors / sub-contractors to complete project.
- 14 DAYS ANNUAL LEAVE
- S$500 MEDICAL BENEFITS TO BE REMIBURSE PER YEAR
- PERFORMANCE BONUS
- COVER WTIH INSURANCES LIKE, TERM LIFE, HOSPITAL & SURGICAL, WORK INJURY AND PERSONAL ACCIDENT POLICIES
- COMPANY PAY MONTHLY NTUC MEMBERSHIP FEES FOR PERMANENT STAFFS