Industry: Manufacturing - Other
Specialism: F&B / Hospitality and Tourism - Kitchen Crew
Posted on 09 Jan 2020
Our client is a listed company in SIX Swiss Exchange and the Irish Stock Exchange. Growth in the speciality bakery market has outstripped the global food market as a whole between 2008 and 2015. Over that period, our clients has almost doubled our market share to 11%, with revenues totalling €3.8bn in 2015. They have offices in the Central - MBFC and West - Pandan Loop.
- The incumbent is responsible for providing back office. Responsible for preparing, bakes, and finishes the bread, pastry, cake and confectionery products. A plant baker operates machines to produce goods on a large scale. A craft baker’s work involves more ‘hands-on’ activities and often produces a wider range of products in smaller batches.
- Assistant Baker:
- Up keeping of the samples at the office, preparation of samples for customer Demo’s and Presentations
- Baking of our Products by using various types of Ovens
- Guiding Customers on the storage/ handling/ baking/ garnishing/ displaying of the products
- Recommending most suitable products (convenience level) to our customers
- Essential up keeping and checking of rented equipment (ovens) provided to our customers
- Guiding the customers on the up keeping/ cleaning of our ovens and to ensure rented equipment is not misused.
- Operations Support:
- Support to Sales Team
- Picking, packing and delivery of stocks to customers for any urgent case
- Conduct regular stocktake
- Any ad hoc duties as assigned
- Minimum GCE “N” Level and above
- Minimum 3 years of working experience
- Physically fit to be able to carry equipment
- Communicate and relate effectively to the workplace.
- Cultivate productivity and innovative mindset.
- Demonstrate baking techniques and skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and enterprising behaviours.
- Maintain quality control procedures.
- Prepare basic bread, basic cakes, cookies, muffins and scones.frozen and bake-off products, short-crust pastry.
- Project a positive and professional image.
- Work in a team
- Certified Follow Food & Beverage Safety and Hygiene Policies and Procedures (SSF)
- Good organisational and communication skills with a sense of commitment and responsibility
- Bilingual in English & Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin speaking customers
- 13 month (AWS)
- Performance Variable Bonus