Industry: Restaurant/Food Services
Specialism: Engineering / Technical - Engineering/Technical ManagementClosed
Our client is a listed company in SIX Swiss Exchange and the Irish Stock Exchange. Growth in the speciality bakery market has outstripped the global food market as a whole between 2008 and 2015. Over that period, our clients has almost doubled our market share to 11%, with revenues totalling €3.8bn in 2015. They have offices in the Central - MBFC and West - Pandan Loop.
- Main role of Assistant Engineering Manager is to assist Engineering Manager in managing all engineering activities in our organisation. Main job objectives include planning, controlling and coordinating engineering operations related to maintenance and engineering projects of buildings, machinery, equipment and other physical asset of our operating plant.
- Responsible for all engineering activities in our organisation. The required result is reliable supply of quality products that meet or exceed all requirements of the customer, company and regulatory agencies.
- To assist site Engineering Manager in the development of long and short-term operations planning, programs, operational policies and objectives from Engineering perspectives.
- To initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of workforce, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital expenditure.
- To maintain equipment in safe and operational status to fulfill daily production requirements.
- To manage and monitor spending against budget and capital expenditure projects, while maintaining agility considering changes in business direction.
- To plan and coordinate preventative maintenance program to minimize production downtime.
- To monitor and manage people safety, health, food safety, quality, environment compliance programs and initiatives
- Responsible for operation efficiencies and rates and ensure process flow is set up to achieve targets, including set-up & organisation of manufacturing equipment
- To actively work on improving manufacturing capabilities to increase efficiencies, reduce waste and better manage material usage variances, stock take variances and labour controls.
- Roster / Schedules – ensuring that all roster/scheduling requirements are met within the limitations of the operation schedules, local regulations and CSR requirements
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical related will be preferred
- 5-8+ years' operation experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least 2-3 years supervisory role working experience within the food industry
- A thorough and detailed understanding of food manufacturing requirements
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales, multiple projects and pressure while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications - outlook, excel & word
- Good problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting objectives.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure
- Strong leadership skills, team building, coaching, independent thinking and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical, finance and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player
- 13 month (AWS)
- Performance Variable Bonus