Industry: Manufacturing - Other
Specialism: Engineering / Technical - Engineering/Technical Management
Posted on 11 Nov 2019
Our client is a listed company in SIX Swiss Exchange and the Irish Stock Exchange. Growth in the speciality bakery market has outstripped the global food market as a whole between 2008 and 2015. Over that period, our clients has almost doubled our market share to 11%, with revenues totalling €3.8bn in 2015. They have offices in the Central - MBFC and West - Pandan Loop.
- Assistant Engineering Manager is responsible for all engineering activities/operations in an organisation. Plans, controls and coordinates the engineering operations related to the maintenance of buildings, machines, equipment and other physical assets of a plant as well as the installation of new machines etc. Examines cost estimates or proposals before approving. Provide technical guidance, reviews progress and advises procedural changes if required.
- The result is a continuous flow of quality products that meet or exceed all requirements of the customer and regulatory agencies. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel improvements all to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing operation.
- Responsible for all engineering activities/operations in an organisation. The result is a continuous flow of quality products that meet or exceed all requirements of the customer and regulatory agencies
- Assist site Engineering Manager in the development for long and short-range planning, programs, operational policies and objectives on Engineering perspectives.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimise manufacturing costs through effective utilisation of workforce, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital expenditure.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports, maintains facility equipment, monitors, and controls the proper formulation and production techniques of all products produced.
- Equipment in a safe and operational state of readiness at all times to fulfil daily production requirements.
- Manage and monitor spending against budget, controlling spending with changes in business direction.
- Co-ordinates a standardised preventative maintenance program to minimise production downtime. Creates and maintains a program for area P.M. and project completion.
- Monitor and manage the planning, directing and coordinating the environmental health, food safety, quality and legal compliance as well as people safety programs and initiatives
- Responsible for operation efficiencies and rates and ensure process flow is set up to achieve targets, including set-up & organisation of manufacturing equipment
- Actively works on strategies for ongoing review, improve & monitor manufacturing capabilities to improve operational performance to increase efficiencies, reduce waste, manage material usage variances, stock take variances, and applied labour controls.
- Assure attainment of the objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Ensures a safe and sanitary facility that meets or exceeds all requirements of the customer and regulatory agencies.
- Roster / Schedules – ensuring that all roster/scheduling requirements are met within the limitations of the operation schedules; local regulations and SWA requirements
- Responsible for selection, training and development of the bakery employees along with the HOD’s to ensure all positions are ably staffed and future management is developed.
- Conducts scheduled formal performance evaluations for the Engineering team in addition to recommending developmental activities.
- Encourages and maintains adequate communication in all areas and between all levels within the plant to ensure no production, sanitation, engineering or quality problems will impact on the operation.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and two-way communication with co-workers and other personnel throughout the Company
- Focuses on safety and food safety on-site as key priorities, working with the management team to continuously drive improvements in these areas. Coordinates the food safety, environmental health and safety programs and initiatives within the bakery plant.
- Ensure compliance of the ARYZTA Singapore Safety, Food Safety and Quality Policy and Policies and Procedures located in the Integrated Management System relating to Food Safety and Product Quality
- Reviews all safety requirements, accidents and concerns with General Manager/ Safety Officedailyis. WALK, TALK, SEEK, Care and facilitates Risk assessments.
- To follow up, complete and prevent line walk findings from recurring such as GMP, AIB, Safety, Rejects, Down time
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical / Mechanical related will be preferred
- 5-8+ years' operation experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least 2-3 years Strategic supervisory role working experience within the food industry
- A thorough and detailed understanding of food manufacturing requirements
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales, multiple projects and pressure while maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications - outlook, excel & word
- Good problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting objectives.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure
- Strong leadership skills, team building, coaching, independent thinking and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical, finance and problem-solving skills
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player
- 13 month (AWS)
- Performance Variable Bonus
SGD 3,000 - 7,000 (Negotiable)