Industry: Manufacturing - Other
Specialism: Merchandising / Purchasing - Procurement / Purchasing / Sourcing
Posted on 12 Sep 2019
Our client is a well-established meat & sauce supplier. It was established in the early 1967. The company has offices in Japan, USA, Korean and Singapore. The company develops various meat products for professionals to make customers realize and enjoy the high nutritional value and unique flavour of variety meat.
- Responsible for liaising & negotiating for price & services with suppliers
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms for all items
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed. Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non-conformances.
- Perform checks and monitoring the equipments and facilities to ensure that maintenance and repair are done on time with the validated vendors with good reputation.
- Degree holder with excellent communication skill
- Advantage for candidates with knowledge of food products and FMCG.
- Knowledge of import and export documents
- Experience in logging in material in to match purchase order.
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analysing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in client facing customer service.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Effective supply base management and negotiation skills. Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations