Industry: Oil & Gas
Specialism: Engineering / Technical - Marine / Oil & Gas
Posted on 12 Sep 2019
Our Client is a service organization that enables ship owners and power plant operators all over the world to minimize asset downtime via diesel services, in-situ machining, and BWT system retrofits. Responding to customer needs year after year, we have added service locations and developed a range of services with a quality that is recognized as second to none.
- Responsible to create a project work plan, define the work procedures, budget and schedule management.
- Responsible in the project management of projects acquired by Green Tech not limited to BWMS turn-key projects, Marine scrubber turn-key projects, land base tenders and projects, etc.
- Responsible to manage and constantly improve processes of Green Tech.
- Assist in developing SOPs and technical proposals for different types of projects acquired by Sales Team not limited to Trim Optimization, Bulbous Bow Cut Line, Reverse Engineering, BIM, Forensics Investigation, Construction Disputes, Volumetric Calculations, Heritage Preservations, Artifacts Archives, etc.
- Assist to supervise and guide in the project management of department projects collectively with Project and Service engineers.
- Assist in project financial management technical quality of retrofit projects in the maritime industry. These projects can range from ballast water treatment installations up to large scrubber installations. Responsible in reporting of progress, budget and cost consequences.
- Collect information for engineering process and provide guidance for the engineering team. Communicate with suppliers, agree pricing, monitor quality and delivery time.
- Responsible to prepare and assemble engineering packages, write instructions and guidance for installation engineers.
- Organize installation on board including shipping of materials and travel arrangements for personnel. Communicate and discuss planning with Ship-owner and managers.
- Write and issue progress reports daily or weekly depending on stage of projects.
- Monitor the financial management of the projects, prepare invoices, agree and administrate extra work with ship owners and managers, monitor hourly budgets.
- Communicate with other stations in company's group in order to safeguard and improve quality. Responsible for all macro and micro aspect of project management, which will also entail hands-on approach on case to case basis.
- Liaise with Ballast water treatment system and scrubber makers on technical clarifications
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by Dept. Manager / management.
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
- Able to travel overseas when required
- Good communication skill with ship’s Captain ,Chief Engineer or Crews on board
- Knowledge in 3D Laser Scanning/ Point Cloud Processing/ 3D Modelling/ Piping Construction Standards.
- Able to identify and anticipate on technical and practical issues concerning the projects and communicate them to the relevant parties.
- Knowledgeable with Ballast Water Management Plan D2 and various classes’ requirements. Responsible to ensure design complies with the above.
- Must always give priority to safety for yourself as well as for your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Possesses leadership, ownership and taking responsibility of Green Tech, Product & System team environment for discussions on technical solutions proposed by Company in a manner that gains credibility with its clients.