Industry: Oil & Gas
Specialism: Engineering / Technical - Marine / Oil & Gas
Posted on 29 Oct 2019
Our Client is a service organization that enables ship owners and power plant operators all over the world to minimize asset downtime via diesel services, in-situ machining, and BWT system retrofits.
- Location - Chennai, India
- Able to prepare piping material specifications, MTO and end connection fitting details, male connectors, JIC NPT etc for BWTS and Scrubber system.
- Able to perform detail engineering and design of new piping installation on board ship.
- Generate detail piping drawings for submission to Classification Society for approval and for production/installation on board.
- A good team player to assist to perform laser scanning on board and verify actual possible retrofit condition of BWTS and Scrubber system on board.
- Evaluate Structural Analysis, Loading Calculations, pressure drop/friction loss calculation and drawings.
- Respond to Classification comment to expedite design approval.
- Prepare piping specification and pump specification inclusive of specifications for piping arrangement, piping support standards.
- Preliminary equipment layout in engine room, pumps and auxiliary room
- To study scope of work, overall project schedule, basic design data, client specifications, drawings and plot plan.
- To prepare piping information list, layout and document list following standard procedure.
- To provide field engineering support/advice towards piping installation and testing on board.
- To provide related technical & documentation support to customers.
- To plan and work along with design subcontractors for accurate delivery schedule and update Project team to communicate to customer. Update sales when MTO is completed for getting quotes to customer.
- Communicate and liaise with customers, principals and other involved parties as well as company's departments, sales staffs etc. during projects execution till completion of the project to facilitate and completion of the services of client’s requirement and satisfaction.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by manager/management.
- Project/ document control.
- Others Skills preferable
- Design and Engineering of Piping systems preferred
- Experience of checking onboard piping system for BWTS or other system preferred.
- Experience in making piping design calculation like pipe sizing, wall thickness, pressure drop, pump head, air receiver, BWTS and Scrubber system
- Experience in preparation of P & ID for marine piping systems
- Experience in preparation and review of piping layout, manage to update drawings and deliverables
- Effectively deal with clients, class and vendors. Familiar with International rules and standards like ASME, API, etc.
- Possess minimum a Degree/Diploma in Marine Offshore Engineering from recognize institute
- Preferably with minimum 3 years’ experience in marine piping, mechanical design.
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Experience in 2D and 3D design ship design tools such as, Cadmatic, Autocad, Point Cloud modelling software.
- Knowledge of classification rules & requirements, statutory regulations, marine safety & technical codes and other relevant engineering standards applicable to ships
- Understanding of basic piping design principles and rules for classification society for Marine & Offshore
- Good skills and knowledge in Project Management
- Familiar with classification rules and guidelines such as DNVGL, ABS, LR, CCS, BV, NK
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Proactive at work.
- Able to travel overseas when required
- Discipline and diligent in carrying out the job appropriate with right attitude for our clients or Principals
- People-oriented personality
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Demonstrate Good communication skill with Technical Manager, Superintendent, ship’s Captain, Chief Engineer/Officer or Crews on board.
- Adopt Good Safe Practice and self-motivated engineer with knowledge of risk management know how while working on ships
SGD 1,200 - 1,800 (Negotiable)