Industry: Manufacturing - Other
Specialism: Production / Manufacturing - Manufacturing
Posted on 22 Aug 2019
Our client is a well-established meat & sauce supplier. It was established in the early 1967. The company has offices in Japan, USA, Korean and Singapore. The company develops various meat products for professionals to make customers realize and enjoy the high nutritional value and unique flavour of variety meat.
- Arrange cuts of meat and place them in an attractive manner in the display case so that customers will wish to purchase them.
- Weigh, label and price a variety of cuts of meat for on-demand selections by customers in an efficient manner that keeps customers satisfied.
- Receive deliveries of meat and inspect them to ensure that they adhere to the highest quality standards and are not expired.
- Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie and shape roasts so that they are ready for customers to buy and cook.
- Prepare meat into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming to make it easier for customers.
- Educate customers on different selections and types of poultry, pork and beef to help them decide what to purchase.
- Rotate products to reduce the chance of any meat spoiling to reduce waste and loss of profits.
- Maintain and clean the meat preparation counter to reduce the risk of food contamination and adhere to food safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of all basic cooking techniques and skills are required, including: knife skills, basic cuts, and all cooking methods.
- Knowledge of all basic equipment is required, including: grinders and slicers.
- Comprehensive understanding of composition, structure, and quality factors of all proteins is required.
- Must comprehend how structural factors including muscle, fibers, and connective techniques impact appropriate cooking methods, recipes and fabrication.
- Must comprehend the inspection criteria, quality grading, and yield grading.
- Must comprehend the aging process including green meat.
- Minimum one year experience fabricating all proteins is required and must also understand storage requirements and implications.
- Minimum of one year experience in a butcher shop is required. Formal culinary training from a recognized educational institution may substitute for this requirement at an equivalent rate.