Industry: Metals and Minerals
Specialism: Data / Statistical Analysis - Market Research & Analysis
Posted on 29 May 2019
Our client is a modernize & front-end Private Company Limited by Shares, incorporated since 2016 in Singapore.
The Business's principal activity is wholesale of metals and metal ores (eg steel pipes) except general hardware with wholesale on a fee or contract basis (e.g. commission agents) as the secondary activity.
- Collect and analyse industry market information of trading commodity.
- Assist in conducting credit analysis on trading counterparts and establish/monitor credit limits set.
- Advise traders on the availability of credit limits and the transaction mode that is permissible by counterpart.
- Identify, measure, manage and monitor/ report the risks (include but not limited to market, credit and operational risks) within the commercial and energy trading activities.
- Compute, reconcile, analyse and report daily exposures and profit or loss of the carious trading books/business activities for the use by the management and trading teams.
- Assist the head of risk management in the implementation of the overall company risk management framework (policies, procedures and methodologies) and optimizing the usage of ERP system.
- Assist in the assessment of risks and implementation of appropriate limits for new activities and assess the materiality of gaps in the valuation and risk measurement of existing transactions.
- Assist in conduct regular review on the appropriateness of established limits, in light of current trading book strategies and monitor established limits and compliance to trading and control policies.
- Provide value-added analysis to management and trading teams on sources of value, key risks, etc.
- Work closely with members from other Departments of the company such as Trading, Operations, Finance, and Investments etc to support the business.
- Other ad-hoc assigned duties related to risk management
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in International Trading/Mathematics/Statistics/Finance or equivalent are strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant experience in Risk Management. Ambitious fresh graduates who have the relevant qualifications are welcomed to apply.
- Highly proficiency in Microsoft Excel application, particularly in VBA and Macro functions
- Strong knowledge in commodities trading industry and external market
- Strong risk management qualities
- High degree of IT literacy as an enabler to the quantification, measurement and reporting of risks and exposures
- Able to speak and write fluent English and Mandarin as candidate is required to liaise with Chinese-speaking community outside of Singapore.