Industry: Oil & Gas
Specialism: Logistics / Supply Chain Management - Supply Chain
Posted on 05 Mar 2019
Our Client is a service organization that enables ship owners and power plant operators all over the world to minimize asset downtime via diesel services, in-situ machining, and BWT system retrofits. Responding to customer needs year after year, we have added service locations and developed a range of services with a quality that is recognized as second to none.
- Responsible for sourcing and selecting suppliers at the best costs, quality and services
- Direct materials for jobs/projects onboard or workshop operations.
- Services for facilities maintenance, sub-contracting jobs for workshop or onboard, etc.
- Responsible for negotiation and planning of delivery schedule in all Purchasing matters.
- Develop and maintain suppliers and alternate sources
- Cost control, purchased part inventory control, and monitor and update supplier price list
- Management of Purchase Order Processes accordance to ISO90001
- Maintain filing system, document control as well as purchase records
- To recommend improvement in overall purchasing program which will advance the interest of the company.
- Responsible to adopt good housekeeping and overall safety practice to achieve well-organized and safe working environment which comply to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Policy
- Responsible for internal audit and external audit related to Purchasing function
- Assist in developing plan for centralizing purchase function for the company
- Support and work in a hands-on manner in ERP implementation
- Work in Supply Chain Manager, Purchaser and develop procurement guidelines and policies and process flows
- Oversee store operation as a back up
- Must always give priority to safety and health for yourself as well as your co-worker/peer and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by the management
- Technical / Professional: At least Degree/Diploma in Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Purchasing or equivalent
- At least 5 years of related working experience in Executive level in related field
- Technological: Competent in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in ERP System
- General: Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to handle work professionally, independently and efficiently
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Analytical, planning, execution and problem-solving skills
- People/Relations: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player with good attitude, integrity, interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Industrial Knowledge: Marine or Offshore / Oil & Gas Industry
- Will be disclosed during the interview