Industry: Retail / Merchandise
Specialism: Accounting / Audit / Taxation - Accounting/Audit/Taxation Management
Posted on 20 Nov 2023
Our client is a US distribution and customer support subsidiary of popular and famous Tokyo-based fishing tackle and sportswear maker. Its products include rods, reels, line, and lures. Our client also makes and sells such goods as cases, clothing, equipment racks luggage, and other accessories. It sells its tackle through boating and sporting goods retailers, including Boater's World and Academy Sports & Outdoors, in the US, Canada, and Central and South America. The company also provides equipment maintenance and repair services.
- Responsible for full set of accounts and prepare financial statements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, yearly management reports for Japan HQ.
- Preparation of GST reporting and IRAS filing.
- Co-ordinate with internal/external auditors on annual statutory audit and tax advisors.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Budgeting and forecasting for the business.
- To support HR department in payroll activities, assist in maintaining compliance with labor laws and regulations.
- Handle general administrative tasks.
- Any other duties as required by management.
- Minimum Diploma/ Degree qualification in Finance/ Accounting.
- CPA/ ACCA certification will be added advantages.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in SAP accounting system is preferred.
- Proficiency in Japanese language would be a plus.
- Demonstrate strong ownership of tasks and projects, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Team leader with mature personality and able to work well with staff at all levels.
- Working location: Raffles Boulevard
- Working hours: Monday - Friday, Office hour
- Variable bonus, Medical and Dental benefits