Industry: Wholesale / Distribution / Trading
Specialism: Sales - New Business DevelopmentClosed
Our client is a chemicals trading firm, founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1832.
It began as a specialized sales agent securing exclusive contracts to sell industry-leading products from around the world in Japan. Over the years, they have leveraged their technology and information gathering expertise —as well as their global network—to transform the business into a hybrid model offering superior manufacturing, processing, and R&D functions as well as trading company services.
- Identifying new business strategies (for but not limited to only Home and Personal Care, Institutional Cleaning related businesses) to maximize sales targets and growth opportunities
- Conducting market segmentation, market intelligence, industry product benchmarking and competitive analysis
- Attending industry functions such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Establishing strong relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Identifying business and product gaps and recommend ways and measures to bridge the gaps
- Handling new item inquiries, costing, negotiation, order processing, inventory management and deliveries management
- Supporting marketing activities
- Any ad-hoc duties as and when assigned by immediate superior (Senior Asst. Sales Manager)
- Diploma/ Degree in Chemistry or related Sciences
- Preferably a few years (2-3) of relevant working experience in related industries.
- Sales experience in Pharma raw material/medical raw material are welcome.
- Experience working in a diverse culture environment
- Individual with open mind and willingness to learn and adopt new challenges
- Able to work independent under minimal supervision and a team player
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and IT skills
- Working location: Bugis, Parkview Square
- Working hours: Monday – Friday; 8.30am – 5.00pm
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Performance bonus
- Transport allowance