Industry: Food & Beverage / Catering / Restaurant
Specialism: Logistics / Supply Chain Management - Logistics
Posted on 13 Jan 2022
Our client is a well-known Japanese company and established in Singapore since 1973. The company offers a variety of products including seasonings, frozen foods, processed foods, beverages, sweeteners and amino acids for the consumer market as well as the catering and food processing industries. Apart from its marketing and sales activities locally, the company also performs vital functions to support the Group’s global operations, such as the procurement of flexible packaging materials, chemicals and raw materials, the provision of logistic solutions, and developing new businesses in the region.
- To lead the Ocean Freight team, to maintain the existing business as well as to expand and grow the business in the Asia region.
- Control, track and trace the ocean freight transactions especially within Asia region.
- Source and select freight forwarders/agents and ensure cost effectiveness and good service level for smooth operations.
- Negotiate contracts with agents that provide the best rates with best service level to maximize the utmost profit objective.
- Ensure all shipments are timely and delivery schedule is met.
- Discuss and review the operation status with customers and management on a timely and regular basis.
- Responsible for budgetary control, costing and profit and loss for the department.
- Submit management report and budgetary plan on a timely and regular basis.
- Train, coach and set performance objectives for the staff to effectively perform the functions and activities of the department.
- Perform other tasks as required by management.
- Report to Logistic Manager/Director
- Degree in Logistics Management or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of freight forwarding or related experience with at least 1-2 years in managerial/supervisory position.
- Sea freight knowledge with a strong network.
- Good understanding of the following operations areas – distribution, manufacturing, inventory planning, network analysis, materials management.
- In depth knowledge of international transportation, with regional emphasis/expertise.
- Proven experience in managing freight forwarders and carriers.
- Ocean rate understanding and negotiation experience.
- Experience with customs and regulatory issues related to logistics
- Various allowances
- Variable bonus
- Group insurance
- Dental and out-patient medical reimbursement