Industry: Oil / Gas / Petroleum
Specialism: Operations - Operations
Posted on 14 Jul 2021
Founded in 1964, our client has progressed from a reputable distributor and manufacturer to become Asia's leading value-added integration specialist for Gas, Welding and Safety.
With strategic presence around Asia, they are able to promptly attend to and meet the needs of their customers, and have grown to become the choice company for our customers in industries such as Oil & Gas, Electronics, Metal Fabrication, Heavy Construction, and many more.
- Manage the operations of Bulk plants at 21 Tanjong Kling site and CO2 plant at Neste site.
- Responsible for monitoring of On-Site plants linked back to 21TK site
- Improve efficiency of plants, looking into continuous improvement and cost savings
- Ensure compliance to safety and regulatory requirements
- Ensure smooth, safe, reliable and efficient operations of bulk plants and facilities at both sites
- Ensure safety at the sites through compliance to safe operations and practices at all times, complying to local regulatory and requirement.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, ensure supply and demand requirements are met through proper inventories and plant load management.
- Responsible for continuous improvement at the plants under his care, looking at safety, reliability and efficiency
- Ensure employees are trained & competent to carry out their job responsibilities safely and correctly.
- Responsible for manpower planning & recruitment to ensure continued operations of plants at sites.
- Track performance measurement and provide timely feedback for improvement
- Responsible for maintenance activities in the plant under his care, working closely with all stakeholders to ensure work is carried out safely, timely & properly.
- Working with Maintenance team, establish the right spare inventories to be kept.
- Ensure proper records keeping of all maintenance work performed at the plant for regulatory & future references.
- Review plant performance regularly against budgeted production and cost
- Plan yearly budget
- Ensure plant procedures & work instructions are available & updated.
- Ensure change management procedures are followed and any change to plant operations & equipment are done safely with proper records & approval in compliance to Management of Change procedure.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree with min 5 years experience in similar chemical plant operations
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience in Industrial Gas plants
- Hands on experience in operations and maintenance especially in trouble shooting and optimisation of plant operations and equipment.
- Strong people management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.