Industry: Wholesale / Distribution / Trading
Specialism: Others - Trading
Posted on 23 Feb 2021
- Negotiating, Drafting, reviewing, and modifying commercial agreements, including in a variety of operational areas such as procurement, sales, distribution agreements, sub-agreements, and other areas of operational support.
- Advising the Company and management on legal and regulatory matters relate to trading and operating business of the Company, including identifying areas of risk and making suggestions for improvement.
- Providing legal advice to company management to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Acting for company to participate in litigation and arbitration activities to protect the legal rights and interests of company.
- Coordinating to solve legal issues arising from contracts.
- Responsible for contract management, including supervision of contract signing progress and archiving.
- Maintain record keeping, security and control of legal documents, including timely update of contract database and digitization of signed legal contracts.
- Any other assignment as and when assigned by the managing director.
- Working location: Central
- Law degree and license to practice law in Singapore, Hongkong, China or UK jurisdiction.
- Proficient in China, Singapore, and international law.
- At least 3 years of experience at law firm or trading company in-house experience preferred.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Flexibility to work in an international and fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized and client-focused team player
- Good communication skills, especially in Mandarin, so as to liaise with counterparts from China