Industry: Science & Technology
Specialism: Information Technology (IT) - IT - Network/System/Database
Posted on 25 Jan 2021
A world leading company with core business in digital government services and also delivers excellence through our expertise in Trade Facilitation, Legal, and Cyber Security – combined with a deep domain understanding of how agencies work, interact and provide services.
- Provides infrastructure presale support to internal/external team during bidding.
- Gather bid/user requirement from tender specification; evaluates and recommends new/upgrade of software and hardware to meet the project/tender requirement.
- Provides infrastructure architecture design through industrial best practices and standards.
- Provides infrastructure consultancy to internal/external team.
- Profound understanding of the interdependencies of the services (application, system, network and database) and their failover capabilities in a n-Tier Data Center Environment
- Keeps abreast of technological advancement, emerging standards and new software or hardware solutions to continuously provide proven, innovative, cost-effective and quality solution.
- Ability to apply experiences and knowledge into Infrastructure solutions
- Must have good technical skills and know-how to assist in technical solution selling
- Ability leading and conducting Proof-Of-Concept (POC) and Demo activities to assist sales in closing deals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (Tender presentation)
- Excellent documentation skills with Fluent English (Technical write-up and proposal writing)
- Provides technical guidance to junior colleagues in their work
- Any other duties as and when assigned.
- Minimum with Degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline
- Preferably with 4 years working experiences in establish system Integrator organization with IPv6 domain
- Have good domain knowledge in government bid process and their domain solution. Otherwise the experiences and skillsets in the following Infrastructure domain areas:
-- Cloud Computing solutions with experiences in design, implementation and operation of IaaS. PaaS platform for various type of hypervisors. Essential knowledge in Micro-services architecture (Kubernetes)
-- Knowledge of Government Infrastructure Policies and Implementation knowledge in Government Commercial Cloud and Private Cloud
-- Networking: Preferably CCNP knowledge in market leading brands of Firewalls, Load Balancers, Routers and Switches, IPS/IDS, Global Traffic Manager, Wireless and IP Telephony.
-- Application: Middleware products on multi-tier architecture, broad understanding of the ORACLE and IBM suits and RedHat JBoss group of Middle-wares.
-- Databases: Sound knowledge with database products, replication technologies and (eg. Oracle, IBM DB2, MSSQL, MySQLs) and multi-tier architecture in a multi-sites environment.
-- Server: Sound knowledge on server virtualization and able to calculate the compute resources sizing; good understanding of architecture components for all tiers, storage, back up and server security. General understanding of the major hardware platforms (Oracle Sun, IBM, HP, DELL etc.).
-- Storage: Sound knowledge on storage networking and data replication, sizing requirements, implementations and SAN / NAS replication as well as COLD / WARM DR storage architecture. Preferably having a good understanding of FCoE, FCIP
-- Security: Preferably CISSP certified and familiar with the industry trends in relation to security solutions and best practices such as infrastructure hardening, endpoints and SIEM solution, advance threats and mitigation know-how