Industry: Chemical / Biochemical / Petrochemical
Specialism: Engineering / Technical - Chemical
Posted on 21 Jan 2021
Our client was established in 1997. A wholly owned subsidiary of a major chemical company in Japan. They produce Super-Pure Hydrogen Peroxide and Ammonium Hydroxide for the semiconductor industry.
- Reports to the QA Manager and/or designate
- Plans and schedules for testing and evaluation and assist in conducting technical evaluations
- Lead and supervise a team of technicians to ensure the timely completion of testing as per procedure and up-keeping of workplace and equipment
- Plan and schedule the training and re-training of all technicians and ensure that all records are maintained
- Oversee the management of QA inventory, samples, disposal of wastes and housekeeping of the QA
- Able to operate all instruments and perform analysis when required
- Perform troubleshooting of instruments and facilities when there is any breakdown and ensure all maintenance and calibration is performed as per scheduled
- Perform validation and commissioning of new instruments and methods is carried out and maintain records of validation and commissioning.
- Participate in audits and continuous improvement projects
- Perform administrative duties such as documentation and checking of test schedules & testing results etc.
- Supervises the QA/QC Technicians in ensuring that all QMS/EHS procedures in all aspects of the activities are strictly adhere to
- Understands Risk Management and ensures that the risks identified and the control measures are communicated to the QA/QC Technicians
- Prepares progress and statistical reports related to QA operations and QMS/EHS performance
- Other duties as assigned by the QA Manager and/or designate
- Possess at least a Diploma/Degree in Chemical or science discipline.
- Preferably with at least 1 year (for Degree) / 5 years (for Diploma) of relevant working experience
- Familiar with analytical instruments like ICP-MS, AAS, etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both writing and verbally and good interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 standards will be an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Able to work in cleanroom environment (uniform provided)
- Transport Allowance
- Variable Bonus