Industry: Distribution and Supply
Specialism: Logistics / Supply Chain Management - Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Posted on 23 Jun 2020
Established in 2006 as an importer and distributor of frozen seafood and Japanese food catering to local demands, this company has been progressing rapidly over the years to meet the expanding needs of the market. It has now grown to be one of the largest suppliers of frozen seafood and Japanese food products in Singapore.
- Supervise, coordinate and manage all day-to-day warehouse operation & activities.
- Manage and control warehouse inventory strictly and efficiently, making sure inventories are accurate;
- Supervise organizing, arranging and rearranging of items in an orderly fashion in a warehouse to achieve optimized usage of warehouse space.
- Able to use mechanical handling equipment efficiently (able to operate a Reach truck will be an advantage), manage the usage and training of all equipment in the cold room.
- Having a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision. Ensure the continuous improvement of the warehouse functions & activities;
- Produce regular reports and statistics of operation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Ensure good quality of services to Customers;
- Plan & coordinate well with other inter-department Heads;
- Strong leadership and be able to motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
- Organize the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress;
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensure to a safe work place with high standard of expectations;
- Ensure Company freezers, machineries, tools and equipment are in working good condition & well maintained.
- Implement and monitor safety procedures in warehouse operations. Ensure staffs carrying out their daily work duties accordingly.
- Ensure cleanliness of warehouse premises.
- Implement cost-efficiency processes and reduce costs in warehouse operations.
- Any other adhoc duties as assign by Superior.
- At least a diploma or 5 years work experienced in similar position.
- Has good knowledge & experienced in driving/ operate a Reach truck will be an advantage.
- Must be able to work in a Cold Storage environment.
- Active & strong with a good body build to carry out the works.
- Experienced in managing Cold-room Warehouses and using ERP, WMS or Navision will be an advantage
- Must have strong leadership quality: to monitor, motivate, lead & train a team to carry out their daily work duties accordingly.
- A positive mindset to continuously strive & achieve high performance standard for the Warehouse.
- Prefer to work in west area.