Industry: Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure
Specialism: R&D / Sciences / Laboratory - Research & Development (R&D)
Posted on 06 Aug 2019
Our client is a world learning corporation which engages in the design, manufacture, sale, installation, repair, overhaul, and maintenance of heavy machinery. It operates through the following segments: Resources, Energy and Environment; Social Infrastructure and Offshore Facility; Industrial System and General-Purpose Machinery; Aero Engine, Space and Defense; and Others.
The company was founded on December 5, 1853 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
- Responsible for planning and executing the long-term R&D and business strategy for business in the field of info-communications (mainly focusing on the area of Intelligent Transport Systems)
- 1. Project Management
- - Able to track and direct project schedules to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner, by effective allocation of budgetary/manpower resources and time.
- 2. Seeding new R&D projects
- - Develop technology and business roadmaps in consultation with our stakeholders, and utilizing external networks to initiate new collaborations in the infocomm space.
- 3. R&D Exit Strategy/ Commercialization
- - Work with Marketing division to realize the commercialization of R&D and new business formation
- 4. Collaboration/Networking with Singapore partners and government agencies (eg. LTA, IMDA)
- - Nurture strategic relationships to secure funding and win-win collaborations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science
- Minimum 7 years in Business Development related activities (Preferably in IT/security-related products)
- Knowledge and working experience related to Info-comm industry
- Proficient in Ms-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read/write/converse in Japanese is a bonus to liaise with Japanese counterpart
- Experience working in cross-cultural workplace
- Working Days: Monday - Friday
- Working Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Annual Leave: First year 14 days, subsequent year 20 days
- Company Holiday: Additional 9 days
- Medical & Dental Reimbursement: Up to $1,000 per year and Annual Health Screening
- Bonus Payout:
- AWS: Pay in September
- Variable Bonus: Pay in March