Industry: Manufacturing - Other
Specialism: Production / Manufacturing - Process Design & Control
Posted on 03 Jun 2019
With more than 20000 people in more than one-third countries in the world, our client is one of the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation. They are committed to make its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Their keen focus on technology innovation and corporate responsibility fuels their success.
- You will be a team leader and hold responsibility for supporting production and inventory control staff to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of all work and projects assigned to the department, as well as ensuring a timely flow of materials in support of product master schedule, material and inventory plans and production schedules to meet the business unit requirements.
- 1. Maintain department KPIs, including Service, Pastdue and Shipment compliance and analyze root cause of failure to have continuous improvement
- 2. Oversee materials purchase to meet production requirement and maintain inventory at planned levels
- 3. Expedite and negotiate with suppliers for urgent requirements if any
- 4. Responsible for inventory management and excess & obsolescence mitigation
- 5. Coordinate departmental initiatives, as needed, with Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Engineering and Logistics etc.
- 6. Administer and ensure compliance with operating policies and procedures
- 7. Provide timely support for New Product Introduction, Series changes and Product discontinuation to ensure high level customer service and minimal scrap cost
- 8. Help team member to resolve challenging issues and escalate when necessary
- Degree in Engineering or Degree in Operations/Supply Chain Management/Business or equivalent knowledge
- Four years’ experience in Production and Inventory Control, Operations, Purchasing, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Manufacturing systems planning knowledge – SAP system strongly preferred
- APICS certification desirable
- Evidence of analytical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working hours: Office hour Monday to Friday, 5 day work week : 8.30am to 5.30am or 9am to 6pm (flexible starting time can be discussed with manager.) All Fridays end at 4.30pm
- Shuttle bus available from Jurong East and lakeside (morning / evenings)
- Training leave to attend Skillsfuture course, Family Care Leave, Volunteer work time-off on top of usual leave (such as annual leave, other govt required leave types eg medical leave).
- Competitive flexible Benefits include coverage for holiday package, medical, dental, TCM, fitness club fee, optical,etc.
- Insurance coverage
- Work-life initiatives: During June and December school holidays, dependent on work exigencies (not applicable to staff on shift work or operators). Work 1 additional hour per day from Monday to Thursday, Friday allowed to leave earlier by 4 hours (i.e 12.30pm)
- Discount of $1 off for lunch time at canteen.
- Discounted snacks and bread.
South West, SG