Specialism: Banking / Finance / Insurance - Financial / Insurance
Posted on 21 May 2019
Our Client, a very well established first bank formed in 1946 and owned by the Indonesia Government. In Singapore, they are located within the heart of Singapore’s central business district, is the only Indonesian Bank to hold a Full-Bank license in Singapore.
- provides guidance to the stakeholders for examples departments, the management and Head Office on applicable laws and regulations relating to compliance and legal matters.
- may consult with external legal lawyers, regulators to obtain clarity on issues relating to the above.
- must also keep abreast of any changes or new laws and regulations so as to provide accurate information.
- Act as a liaison officer between the Branch and the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the Association of Banks in Singapore for clarification on matters / issues pertaining compliance to local regulations such as Banking Act, MAS Notices, MAS Circulars, ABS Bye-Laws etc.
- Implement or enforces the branch in implementation of any condition, restriction imposed by MAS.
- Involvement in New Product assessment process as to assess and review its compliance with the relevant local regulations and its impact with the statutory requirements, e.g. impact to capital funds, restricted / regulated activities such as Securities Futures Act, requirements of administration process, etc.
- Arranging Anti-money laundering and Terrorism Financing training to staff on regular basis.
- Draft the Banking Facilities Agreements, Waiver Consents, SBLC/Performance Bond/Bankers Guarantee to be reviewed by the Relationship Manager and Credit Analyst
- Review terms and conditions, contracts and other legal instrument in order to safeguard the branch's interest.
- At least 5 years’ banking experience with at least two years’ experience in governance or control functions in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor Degree
- Professional qualification, if any
- Certifications in AML such as Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or International Association Diploma in Anti Money Laundering would be desired.
- Knowledge of banking and financial services laws and regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products and systems
- Ability to be client centric while balancing business needs and controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships with Front Office stakeholders.
- An efficient solutions provider with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Sound understanding of AML regulations
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team
- Ability to use judgement and sound common sense when reviewing a customer/case to ensure all issues and concerns are managed properly and timely
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with Business/Support Units
SGD 2,000 - 10,000 (Negotiable)